Saturday, January 26, 2008

I got my game on.....

Finally... a 159 in bowling yesterday. It has been over 30 years since I have been on a bowling league. Salt and I both started bowling with the gang from the resort a couple of weeks ago. The first two weeks I prayed to break 100. When I quit trying so hard, I seemed to get my groove back. We are having more fun with the activities here ...we love the way they are organized. We don't bowl on teams....every week you are on a different lane with different people. It's a great way to meet new people and really takes the pressure off not having to compete as a team.
Friday night is also our big "Bingo" night....I have yet to win but Salt is keeping us in "Bingo money". I did manage to pick a $15 horse which will at least let me play again next week without having to ask Salt for money...ha ha! If anyone had ever told us we would be having so much fun on Bingo night we would have thought them insane. This group is CRAZY!!
Check out our open market....we go here for our fresh fruits and vegetables.
We are headed out tomorrow for one of the huge flea markets http://www.renningers.com/ . We talked to a gentlemen there who takes copies of pictures and puts them on canvas. They look like an oil painting and very reasonably priced....$25 for a 11 x 14. We are going to have our family picture from Disney done this way. We'll see how we like it and if it "works" for us we will have them made for the kids. I love this picture....even though we had been up for 14 hours and spent 12 of them running around Disney, everyone looked so happy!
Here are a couple of pictures from today's picnic. Everyone brought a dish to pass (Grindstone style) and cooked hot dogs over the open fire. From there we took off for a shopping trip to find our "costumes" for Mardi Gras to be held next Saturday night. You will all have to check back to see pics of Salt in his "pimp" outfit. We were in this second hand store and this elderly, very sophisticated woman asked if she could help us. I told her I wanted to "pimp my husband". She never blinked and said, "oh....I have a real pimp outfit in the other room". Well, after laughing ourselves to tears, our friends and I convinced Salt it was PERFECT for him. ...and, YES...there will be pictures posted after the party!!
This is a friend from Wisconsin....she was the youngest resident until Salt moved in and took her title.....
The couple in the middle (Dianne & Dave Kone) are from Ithaca, NY.

No comments: