Sunday, June 14, 2009

I wanna love like Johnny and June.....

We all decided that we were either going to ignore the rain or become hermits...therefore we all gathered at Bill and Gwen Taylor's at 5:00 last evening and left for dinner at the Riverside Cafe and a show at the Opera House.

Below, Salt, Gwen Taylor, Jim and Ellen Adamson pose on the elevator which Salt and his boss (along with Tom Brabant and Brian Parker) built last summer. This is SO cool. Since the house is on a steep hill, the elevator runs from the house to the dock.

Here we are descending down the track. As you can imagine, building this on the side of a rock hill was no easy task!! Everything was done by hand as it was impossible to get machines there. Great work guys!!!

And here we are leaving the dock in Bill and Gwen's boat....

For some odd reason, I never got pictures of the other boat load....sorry guys, catch you next time. Believe me I will get you...no one escapes the wrath of Kitty's Blog!!
David took the wheel and played "Captain" while first mate and better half, Shirley joined him! Shirley hates having her picture taken and I cant figure out why....she is SO pretty as well as photogenic!!
And here I am all cuddled up to Bill (Taylor)...Every once in awhile I have to do this just to see if he still "loves" me.....since I tell him every nasty lawyer joke I hear!! Your such a good sport Bill!!
Since I was not in a position to move around conveniently at dinner, I didn't get a chance to get pictures at the Riverside. The food was great and the laughter plentiful!
The show was a tribute to Johnny Cash and June Carter Cash. The performers, Ron and Nancy Onesong www.medinastonefarm.com/OneSong/onesong.html
are a couple from Medina, NY who I first met when they performed at the Grindstone Methodist Church and Margaret Taylor's birthday party. We instantly fell in love with their talent (and humor) and were delighted to have the opportunity to see them once again.
The show was split into two parts, the first being the older songs before his period when he wrote Man in Black and switched to his habit of only wearing black. After intermission the costumes were more in line with June and Johnny's songs of that period.



Great friends, great food and great show!!

I'm off to church!!

No comments: