Saturday, November 20, 2010

I'm movin on.....

Oh my gosh....I am SO far behind in blogging (but I do have lots of excuses...) and I really need to catch up before I can't remember what we have been doing. Our winter calendar is filling up so quickly, I will never catch up if I don't get going.

We put an offer on a house in Mid Florida Lakes and it was accepted, so we will be moving in on December 15.....in time for Christmas...Yeah!! We have decided to fly back to NY for Thanksgiving and then drive a U-Haul back with some of the furniture we want down here. We have been shopping like insane people to get all our furniture we needed to purchase before we leave.

We joined a group of our friends at a Mexican Restaurant Sol de Mexico the first Friday in November when we attended the Margaritaville Street Fest in Eustis.
You are never quite sure what you may see at these fests. This guy was being wheeled around like a King.

And this store (where we have been doing a lot of shopping) is called The Peddler's Wagon. It is home to "Snickerdoodle", a female cat who usually lounges in the front window. If not in the window you can be assured she will be on the checkout counter.

Some of the street entertainment.....

Salt and I journeyed off on our own on Saturday and while shopping for a new sofa bed for the den, also attended the big craft fair at the Villages. Along with lots of good music, we also enjoyed some great Greek food.....

Salt enjoying a gyro along with some 60's music!!!
Oh yeah, and I can't forget my BLACK eye and gash above my head. I tripped over a speed bump. Of course I wasn't paying attention to where I was going; was much more interested in talking with a friend.....DUH! Everyone thought I should go to the hospital for stitches but I came home, disinfected it, put some crazy glue (new skin) and some butterfly bandages on and it is hardly noticeable!!!

No comments: