Sunday, September 11, 2011

We can make it to the road in a homemade boat...That's the only thing we got left that'll float..2 feet high and rising!

This has got to be the craziest weather the state of NY is facing this year. Everyone commented on the fact that I was coming back to FL in the middle of hurricane season. We (so far) have escaped any kind of natural disasters while NY has suffered a earthquake, two hurricanes and the results being two floods. The last Flood left the Southern Tier and particularly my hometown of Owego in a state of emergency....the whole town was affected. Many people lost everything.

This is Rt 17C or the road to my brother Tom's....IF you have a boat!

I am very happy Salt was not on his way home, as many of the roads he takes were either closed or harmed.


The local Walmart and Sams (Vestal, NY)





Two houses on Marshland burned. This is the road my brother Tom used to live on.


The Treadway Inn where my brother Joe worked for 23 years and where Bill and I had our wedding reception.




And this is the Hickories park where Salt and I always park our motor home on the way to and back from Florida.


No comments: