Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I saw the people gather...I heard the music start. The song that they were singing is ringing in my heart.

Last weekend, Betty and I took Emma to gymnastics camp in South Hero, VT. We decided to do a little sinning, so we stopped for some of the best french fries in VT....Al's! You can see how good they are by the grease on the box...ewwww.

Then off for a visit with my 96 year old friend Stella.....who ALWAYS makes me laugh until I hurt!!


These amazing driftwood horse sculptures sit out in a field in front of Dunkley's Gymnastic camp. Someone is very clever!



In order to cut a couple of hours off the trip we took the ferry from Plattsburgh, NY to VT. It's always a very pretty trip, as the lake is usually full of sailboats!





Emma will have a ball at this camp. She loves gymnastics and this camp is one of the best. They also teach skiing, sailing kayaking and water gymnastics. Lots of crafts and games. Betty went to it 31 years ago, so the owners were tickled to have a second generation camper.





Lots of huge trampolines....the best way to learn back flips without a hard landing!!


We stopped at a restaurant, and they had these cool eagles made from moose antlers, hanging from the ceiling....



No trip to VT is not complete without a stop at the "Apple" store. Apples of course are not in season, but they have all kinds of cheese, and VT products.


We spent Friday evening with my friend Sherry White and her daughters, Lisa and Heather. Betty went to school with the girls, so Sherry and I met when Betty was in nursery school. We had SO much fun catching up on a lifetime of memories.




Emma fell in love with Sherry's granddaughter's Zebra room!!



Sherry took us out to breakfast at the Clover House before we left.


No comments: