Saturday, April 10, 2010

I love this crazy tragic, sometimes almost magic...awful, beautiful life..

Today 16 of us headed for Daytona and a luncheon cruise on the StarLite Princess Authentic Paddlewheeler www.StarLiteDiningCruises.com . Another beautiful day, with lots of sunshine!!
I don't want to go back North and lose my tan :( (but I do want to see all my kids!!)

Boarding the ship.....
The tour was good....the food, not so great.....

I told you and I were out "house hunting"....what do you think?? Yeah right! This is a mansion that was being built by a Daytona doctor and his wife. Before the house was completed, the doctor was in a small plane crash and was killed. His wife had the house finished and it is now for sale for somewhere between $14-16 million.....


This ship was actually propelled by the paddle wheels. Many times, on these tours they are just for show......
After dinner and the information part of the cruise, the captain invited anyone who wanted, to come up and take the wheel....since no one else did, I figured I would, just so his feelings wouldn't be hurt....LOL
Off hand, I would say Jim was enjoying the day!!!
and so were we!!!
Terry and Sue.....
LeRoy and Kathy....

Gordie and Carol......
Gene and Ruth....

After the cruise we drove over to the Canaveral National Seashore. It is one of the most beautiful, serene beaches in the area. We didn't have a lot of time today, so we plan to go back over on Wednesday with a picnic lunch and our beach chairs....
Terry, strolling barefoot.....
A Stingray that washed up on the beach....urgh, they remind me of a bat!!
I hope I can get this guy back up North for a couple of months.....
Florida is bursting with wildflowers, and they are SO beautiful!!




Pelicans in flight......

No comments: