Friday, April 23, 2010

I'm pickin up good vibrations.....

We LOVE the shows here in Myrtle Beach!! After looking through all the brochures, we had a hard decision between our two favorite choices; Good Vibrations (which we have never seen) and The Carolina Opry. We attended the Carolina Opry 3 years ago, and even though we knew it would be a whole new program, we chose Good Vibrations....We were not disappointed!
The program was a tribute to the music of the 60's, 70's and 80's blended with some very good comedy. The singers and musicians are the same ones who perform at the Opry. O yes and my favorite of the whole program....."All That" which is the tap dancers who were the National stars of NBC's America's Got Talent". They dance SO fast, it was impossible to get a picture that wasn't blurry....I will get one tomorrow though, by hook or by crook!!

The Ronnetts big hit da do run run.....

And a little "KISS...

Some Led Zeppelin.....House of the Holy
Quite a bit of the Beatles.....

Gary Puckett's Young Girl...
John Denver's Thank God I'm aCountry Boy
Great comedy from Cheech and Chong.....like yeah man..
I never get tired of the antics once performed by the "Blues Brothers"......
Comedy from the Blue Oyster Cult.....
A little music from Hair....
And of course Tina Turner's Proud Mary.....
And of course everyone was out of their seats doing the Y-M-C-A, made famous by the "Village People".....
And of course; I saved the best til last. The MC came out and said he had three sets of tickets for the Carolina Opry (the other show we wanted to see) to give away and he needed 3 "Baby Boomers" to come forward. Of course, I jumped out of my seat and raised my hand, along with about 200 others (the show was sold out). Hurrrah, I got picked. Of course when I got up there he said, "oh come on you all know there is no free lunch....you are going to have to answer a few questions"..... The three categories were: Sports, TV and Cars (all 60s trivia). I was the last to get to pick since I was the last one to the front of the auditorium. Fortunately, my category ended up being "cars". All those old car shows paid off; I won the tickets!! Since they were $100 value, I was very excited....of course if you didn't know the answer he let the audience help out and I would have won anyway....LOL
And now back to NY....an update on the Boyer family....I can't wait to meet little Lindsey. She is the cutest little baby, and Kelly has been so great with keeping us all updated with current pictures.
Of course, I also need to put in an update on my precious little Emma....here she is at her art show and her second place "Penciled Owl"....

No comments: