Wednesday, April 07, 2010

It's a great day to be alive...you know the sun still shines when I close my eyes...

Catch up time again.....Another busy week here in the sunshine state. Thursday, Salt and I went to the Eustis Farmer's/Flea Market. While I was wandering the antique glass booths, Salt found a trolling rod with a Penn Reel....which he purchased for me. Will be using it in a couple of weeks when we head for VA and Myrtle Beach.....

Oh yeah, right after I saw this picture, I made an appointment to get my hair trimmed!!!!

Friday evening we went into Eustis, and after a stop at Olivia's Coffee House, we attended the Street Festival.

Olivia's is the coolest coffee shop/bistro. They have open Mike, Poetry reading and good entertainment. It's "almost" like being in the Village....

The Highs School kids were dressed up and selling tickets to Alice in Wonderland, the play they will be putting on in May!

These are the Hammerheads, a group of young students who build all kinds of inventions, using Leggos. They are #1 in the nation and are moving on to competing with all the various countries.

Here is one of their would be inventions which detects alcohol levels and automatically shuts off the vehicle.

Three different bands performed....take your pick!!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow those cupcakes look awesome! I am lucky if I make dinner, let alone a decorative dessert!

Love ya!
Kate