Saturday, June 12, 2010

They said I could go far....me and my guitrar.

Now that my Internet is finally working again, I guess it's time to catch up on some blogging....even though my life has been totally BORING lately. We have been dedicating our time to getting the house ready for sale, which also includes lots of cleaning out files, cupboards, etc......certainly NOT fun stuff.

We made a promise to Emma, that if she didn't win the guitar in the silent auction at Keith Brabant's memorial fund raiser, we would take her mother's old guitar in and have new strings put on it. Why did I know ahead of time it wasn't going to work out that way???

As soon as we took the guitar out of the case and told they guy it was for an 11 year old, he just kind of shook his head. Told us it would never work, the guitar was much too large for her. SO, Pop ended up buying her a brand new guitar which fit her. Of course then the owner of the store says...."I wouldn't give a child a guitar without lessons....they will lose interest in a hurry". SO........now Grandma is paying for lessons.

The neat part is, they are going to let Betty bring her guitar in and sit with Em during the lesson. This means that Bet will be able to help her out during the week while she is practicing. Betty never got lessons with hers, as shortly after she got it, Bill got sick and we were thrown into our 2 year 3 month nightmare.

Pop of course with his his fantasy mind, thinks he is resurrecting an act like the Judds. What a nut!

No comments: