Saturday, August 21, 2010

If you happen to be passing by....stop in for a Friday night "fish fry"......

Once again....thanks to my screwed up Internet going on and off while I am uploading pictures, my blog is not in order. Oh well, 2 more weeks and I will be on the mainland and back on my Verizon Internet!!!

This was supposed to be the last picture since it was the final course of the dinner....deep fried French toast. Everyone raved about how good it was....I refrained!

First course, the traditional deep fried "fatback" and onion sandwich..Oh yeah I skipped that too....

As always, Bruce and Elaine Brooks hosted one of the best parties of the summer. Elaine always has a "unique" theme to her gatherings, and this year she did a shore dinner.

Captain Clay Ferguson (fishing guide) did the cooking, with the help of Harry and Urch Slate.

Hmmmm, that's Salt in there...he must be giving advice!

62 guests gathered along the banks of the St. Lawrence River at the home of Dan and Janice McPhail.....
When there is a party on Grindstone, there is never an age limit. Here is my favorite little boy!! He will be heading home to TN on Sunday and I think we will all have "Greyon withdrawal"....

Dale McLaughlin and his son Aaron, deep in conversation......

3 of the host/hostesses....somehow Bruce escaped the picture. I will have to take my camera to the Pig Roast tonight and HUNT him down!! It appears Dan is praying....maybe that Janice will keep the speech short?????

Some times there are unanswered prayers Dan.....

1 comment:

Amy said...

I was wondering if there was any way you could pass along my contact info to Britt...I went to High School with her and have been searching for her for years! If you could, let her know Amy Dewey is trying to find her. Thanks!!