Tuesday, April 05, 2011

The sirens were blowing...clouds spit rain, and as the thing came through I swear it sounded like a train...

Well.....I guess the "hurricane chickens" didn't leave soon enough this year. We thought stormy weather didn't start in Florida until June....SURPRISE! We have had wicked storms both last week and more coming up this week (actually today). In our community we had winds up to 70 mph. There was some damage, but not as much as I thought there might be. Here is a sunroom that was completely destroyed.... Uprooted trees.....
This is my neice Britt (brother George's daughter) and her family. They moved from NY to California this year. They are certainly being missed, but they love it out there so we are happy for their move.
We celebrated this month's birthdays at the Golden Corral. Happy Birthday, Gene, Kathy and Susie. Oh yeah...Susie and Terry bought a home (beautiful home) in our community. Mid Florida Lakes will never be the same!!


Doug was also at the birthday dinner....somehow he managed to duck the group picture. I still don't think Doug likes my camera... :-(



No comments: