Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Joy to the fishes in the deep blue sea...joy to you and me....

Well, we have been on another hectic run since my return from NY. We are still enjoying all the many concerts available in the area. Here we are at the 3 Dog Night concert at Silver Springs. This was an amazing band....after 40 some years they still have either original members or members that have been there for a large part of the band's years. Danny Hutton, lead singer and original member.


As we have discovered we have a HUGE kumquat tree in our back yard, I have been creating all kinds of new recipes. This was a lobster stuffed ravioli with shrimp sauce and broccoli with lime and kumquat butter. I also made some chutney with crystalized ginger, cranberries and curry. Salt and I both loved it so I went and bought canning jars to put some up for the summer. I sent out to pick the fruit and low and behold except for the very top of the tree they were ALL gone. Our neighbor informed us there is a black bear who comes and eats them... :-(


These are our next door neighbors, Chuck and Annelynn. We just love them, and were very sorry to see them leave for the season. Chuck is a minister (among MANY professions) and one of the funniest men I have ever made. The one ting he hasn't done in his career is be a stand up comic, which he would certainly have excelled at. They also have a most interesting family. A son who is a "Secret Service" man and a daughter who was Miss Florida. We will certainly look forward to their return next season.



No comments: