Monday, March 17, 2008

That song is driving me cray, I gotta hear it again....

I flipped on the TV tonight and found that PBS was having a 60's concert to raise money. WOW, what a show. I can't believe all the artists that are entertaining....now I am really going back in time. They are showing a lot of clips from Woodstock and many of the old concert clips.

Since I can never just "sit" and watch TV, I decided to go through some of my notes and pictures and just do some miscellaneous blogging .

I had mentioned in one of the earlier posts that Salt was volunteering in the Habitat for Humanity project. Since we did not get here early this year much of this first house was complete so he didn't have a lot of time on this one. He helped put up cabinets, and outside trim.




This is the one they are now working on...he was here for the groundbreaking on this one and spends one day a week working with the guys from the OMS (Olde Mill Stream).



Oh, I had to add this picture....I call all the gifts (bingo bags, dishcloths, sun catchers) from some of the older wonderful women in the park, my "Needful Things". Millie and Pete are neighbors on our street.... When Millie found out I was an avid reader, she sent these bookmarks home with Salt. I thought I would include them in the blog so Emma could see them and make some. They are made from old plastic bottles, Em!


We received a call from my cousin Shane last week. He was out checking out a larger saw mill and the owner told him he wanted to introduce him to someone. It turned out to be Oliver North.....who shook Shane's hand and told him he was glad to meet him. When Shane replied with Semper Fi (Marines), they struck up quite a conversation. Shane, did you invite him to the Island for a fishing trip???? Picture is blurry. I suspect it may have been taken on a cell phone.
Oh, by the way, AJ does not have grease paint on his face...it is a reflection.



Here is Emma, Queen of the Limbo, performing at her girl scout "faux beach party". Those New Yorkers need to think "beach" after the winter they have endured.

This is our beautiful grand daughter Sarah at her homecoming dance (California). Rachael, you need to e-mail me a recent picture of you so I can blog it. Mike and his family will be moving back to Virginia in early April....Robin said they are all getting excited. We will be stopping to see them on our way back from the beach....can't wait...miss them!!

..

We had some disappointing news this week. Our friends Tom and Linda McElwain will not be able to spend the month of April in Myrtle Beach. Tom's dad passed away a couple of weeks ago and they are trying to resolve all the problems that come with that kind of loss. Will miss them and are hoping they at least get a couple of days at the beach before we all head for home.

Well, the 60s program has ended (GREAT) so I am off to bed with a good book.

No comments: