Friday, December 12, 2008

Whiskey for my men beer for my horses......

This is a blurry picture but it's the best Kristin could get as the parade was moving and she was freezing....tough to take pictures in mittens!! This is Emma dressed as a present marching with the Girl Scouts in the Clayton Christmas parade.

I knew just how this woman felt.....Yesterday was my first painting class. I loved it but how frustrating when you first begin! My leaves looked like manatees and my daisy petals like fire logs. they have improved though!

We had dinner at one of our favorite restaurants...Luigis'. Here Salt poses with Lady and the Tramp. I know Emma will want to come here!

After dinner we headed to the theatre for NUNCRACKERS, which was a very funny show.
Of course we weren't allowed to use flash in the theater so we could only get pictures of the stage before the play started. We all liked it so much we decided to go to another play on Saturday evening at 10:00 PM. It is called the Christmas Diaries...it is a sort play (for mature elves only) based on true stories from an man who played an elf at Macy's for years and years. We heard it is VERY funny!!
of course, who can go into Eustis without a stop at Strawberry's ice cream parlor.....

It was hard to get a picture that does this Nativity scene justice. It was displayed in the theater but the door opened to the street so passerbys could view it. It was miniature with just so many intricate pieces.

Thanks to the lousy weather yesterday, I did manage to get my paperwork and Christmas cards finished. In the evening we joined a group of our friends and went to the clubhouse for the movie "Beer for my Horses" with Toby Keith and Willie Nelson....silly but entertaining.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Im so excited that you are taking a painting class (and jealous)! I hate to admit it, but I am going to have a BS in art while never taking a painting course. You will have to teach me what you learn!!! Keep it up! Love you and miss you!

Kate