Friday, October 09, 2009

I know there's a light at the end of this tunnel.....

OMG.....talk about your day from hell!!! We left New Jersey, with big smiles and great anticipation. We were headed to Myrtle Beach for another "ocean fix". The sun was shining and everything was going well until......We just entered the Chesapeake tunnel when we developed a vapor lock and STALLED. Yep right in the middle of the tunnel. So here we sit with a 37' motor home and a 25' trailer loaded with a car. Talk about scared!!!! We were not sure at the time that it was in fact a vapor lock so you can imagine the visions running through both of our heads ($$$$$$$$).

Fortunately, the authorities are used to this happening and they were there within minutes to help. We had to be towed out; the good news....no charge. The better news, I had my live-in mechanic with me!!! Yeah Salt, saved our butts once again.

Karen wrote and asked me if I took pictures? The answer is NO (and I am bummed that I didn't) but I was on my knees praying!!!

We drove as far as Virginia (just outside Richmond) and after dinner we took a walk and found this"Krispy Kreme" shop so decided to stop for a cup of coffee.. I think that may have been worse than being stuck in the tunnel. They had a assembly line with a window for viewing and they were making fresh hot doughnuts.....The smell was incredible and people sitting around eating them were close to orgasmic!!!

This little girl on the end insisted on telling Salt all she knew about "making doughnuts"....so cute!


And all I got was a coffee and a HAT!!!

We are on the road again......next stop; Myrtle Beach!!!

No comments: