Thursday, January 14, 2010

Swear to God it's gonna take you real far....I'm just a real small man in a real big car.....

After bowling this morning (where I had my first "turkey" of the season), we headed to Daytona for "Fan fest".

Having been at the track before and doing the whole "Daytona Experience", we were kind of bored in the first part of the program. We went over and had dinner at the Cracker Barrel and then attended the last half or the fest. This was when it got interesting and fun. A bunch of the drivers came on stage for interviews. They all seem to have a wonderful sense of humor so the interviews were pretty funny, and quite informative.
Below were the first group, which included Mark Martin, Paul Menard and Ron Hornaday, Jr.


followed by Jeff Gordon, Joey Logano (who is only 19), Travis Kvapil and Todd Bodine (who was just married New Year's Eve).

Some of the cars doing laps.....

I guess this puts a whole new spin on "Brown".

And of course this group got the crowd roaring....always lots of enthusiasm when Dale Ernhardt , Jr takes the stage..... Joining him, Kelly Bires and Mmichael Annett.

Dale, Jr.

Salt, Carolyn, "me", Gene, Ruth and Jim.....


We were SO tempted to buy tickets to the "500" but really don't want to go unless we can get our Motor Home in. I think I will probably try and get a space for the first available race. I am so spoiled now, I hate being at any big events without the refuge of my "home".
Having said this, we will be heading to our granddaughter Sarah's boot camp graduation in South Carolina and staying in a motel....oh well!!
Tonight heading to the 50's dance in my new "poodle" skirt........Love that ole time rock'n'roll!!!
Tomorrow night Dinner at the clubhouse with the proceeds going to families of our military men and woman who are deployed. Then off to see "The Lovely Bones"....

No comments: