Tuesday, June 06, 2006


I want to ride my bike...I want to ride it where I like!!

After much trepidation, Emma agreed to let Pop take the training wheels off her bike. As you might have guessed, she was riding on her own on the very first try. I guess this means that Pop and Grandma will be purchasing their new mountain bikes earlier than planned. It will just be a lot easier to ride beside her than to run after her.

Betty and I went to American customs yesterday and purchased our I68 passes. The I68 is a pass which allows boaters to cross between the American/Canadian border with much less difficulty; it allows us to check in from home as opposed to going either to Clayton or Alex Bay to a customs phone. Since Gananoque, Ontario is a stone's throw from our dock Salt and I enjoy buzzing over to one of the restaurants, bookstore or "White Mountain" ice cream shop several times during the summer.

Salt and I were headed out to launch my boat when we got a call from our son-in-law. He was headed to Day Care to take Emma to the Emergency Room. She bumped into another kid on the playground and ran her front teeth through her lip. Fortunately just as they were ready to take her one of the other children's mother showed up. She is a dental hygienist so examined Emma on the scene and felt there ws no serious damage. The tooth is loose so Betty will take her in for X rays this morning.

We did get the boat launched...so we are off to Canada for Chineese food tonight!

1 comment:

jill said...

Yeah Emma! Asa has been flying around the park on his bike and doing lots of great balancing. I have a feeling that by the end of the summer he will be without his training wheels.