Tuesday, May 18, 2010

When you run so fast to get somewhere...You miss half the fun of getting there...

We had a wonderful day with our kids yesterday.....Mike drove in from VA Beach to spend a little time with Jeremy and Loretta Bloom (two of our kids we have adopted without paperwork...LOL) as well as his sister and brother-in-law and niece. Sometimes siblings can be such a gift, especially when they arrange to have 2 cases of "real" Canadian beer waiting for you....


Pop cooking their favorite meal (spiedies) to perfection.....

Jeremy and Loretta.....


Enjoying one of the first of many meals on the deck.....

That silly Frank thought he was going to sneak off in a corner and escape "Kitty's Kamera".....you know all about the futility of that right, Doug Rowe....ha ha.


I SO hate saying my goodbyes to the kids. They are all going to meet here again in August, so I will at least have that to look forward to. We have made plans to stop and see Jeremy and Loretta in GA on our way back to FL. Jeremy has promised to show us the best parts of Nashville, TN. Yeah!!!
Pop and Mike after launching my boat..............

My house is filled with the scent of lilacs....my favorite spring flower............


I love this picture of Garrett and Greyson Field. Garrett is deploying to Afghanistan once again. I hate that he has to leave his beautiful son, but happy that Jada and the baby will be able to spend most of the summer here on the island.....

No comments: