Sunday, June 05, 2011

Rollin..rollin..rollin on the river

No blogging the last week....that's because everyone can tune in to any of the news channels and follow my life...i.e., following the Casey Anthony trial. In fact, the last day Caylee was seen was at the nursing home in Mt Dora which is only 6 miles from us.

I did take a day off and had a "Girls Weekend" with Emma. We ended it today with a 3 hour tour (Eco tour) on the river.....(it was only 3 hours???? It seemed like 3 days). After living in a retirement community, this many little girls on a cold day on an enclosed boat is a bit different. They were actually all well behaved and we all enjoyed the tour.

Here they are getting ready to board the boat....



Our captain and tour guide.....


My daughter Betty, and "Minnie Me"..... (Emma looks so much like her mom!)

We made a stop a Picnic Point on Grindstone Island. We had hoped to walk the trails but since they were flooded out, it was a very short hike.


Here are the girls at the Sissy Danforth memorial.




The "short" hike....


One of the many Osprey nests on the river.


The baby ducks were waiting at the dock looking for any snacks the girls might have.


I love when I have one-on-one as I get to do "special" things with her. Yesterday I took her for her first pedicure......



The finished results. They couldn't do much with the mosquito bites.



Of course we had to make a stop at Justice, her now favorite clothing store. Pop was on the island, but Em and I stayed in the campgrounds for the weekend. Way too much going on this weekend to run back and forth (in the cold...June 5...what's up with that?).


I'll close with a updated picture of Mike (right) with some of his friends from Oregon. He is loving the west coast. I can't wait to visit....I also love Oregon! I don't want to live there though, it still gets way too cold there.


No comments: