Saturday, February 20, 2010

C'mon, take me to the Mardi Gras...where the people sing and play...

Saturday evening after a little shopping, Salt and I took a ride t Leesburg fr dinner and the Mardi Gras parade. As you can see, from the picture, we had a good time and I was a very busy girl collecting beads......but...NOT the way they collect them in New Orleans!!!

It was a surprisingly great parade for such a small town. Unfortunately, I did not get many good pictures of the floats, as I was way too busy catching beads.....

Raggedy Ann.....



This was a cute one with the prisoners....

Santa even made it!!

Always a guy or two on stilts...

One of my competitors......

It was so hard to get a picture of these two girls, and I think they were definitely the best costumes in the parade The one girl is riding a dragon on stilts, and she had a joy stick that made it move as she walked.
Papa dragon......

An extremely good live music float.....

We ended up eating at one of the booths...couldn't resist the smell of lamb gyros and Greek salad. Excellent!!

There were so many people dressed up....such fun! Salt and I decided next year we are going to wear our costumes we wore for Mardi Gras 2 years ago when we had a party at the club. Salt was a "Pimp" and I was one of his girls....with a pillow stuffed in the back of my dress and an entire roll of paper towels stuffed in a DDDD bra....and yes my ass looked big in that dress...

This is the new location for the God Cafe ....this is a cafe where they accept donations for the food. The menu is varied and I understand excellent. We have not had a meal there yet, only coffee but plan to give it a try. I understand that they do quite well by accepting donations.
Pretty unique, to say the least!!
Lots of blues and jazz......

A few pirates......

The smell of kettle corn which seems to permeate an entire 2 blocks!!


Street entertainers.....
We also received some new photos from Betty. They have been on winter break all week and were quite disappointed that they had very little snow and the river did not freeze over this year Emma however, still managed to enjoy the weather...eve3n skating in the slush at 40 degrees.....

Thinking summer I guess as she sculpts a sea turtle.......

and helps her dad shovel out the air boat!!!

Tomorrow the horse show at the Weirsdale Carriage Museum.

No comments: