Saturday, February 06, 2010

We are the Champions - my friends....

What a great day....I love my life!! This was the end of the evening when we bowled the Scotch Doubles at Triangle Lanes. Salt and I ended up in FIRST place with a 926 series. Here we are under the scoreboard with our 6 strikes in a row....and our $40.00.

Early this morning we were heading for the Mt Dora Art Show when we saw an advertisement for "Market Day" at the park in Eustis. We stopped to check it out......

We so love this area....there is just always something going on to keep us busy. Here at the park was a group of wannabe cowboys having a good ole music jam.

When we finally made our way to Mt Dora and I saw the crowds, I thought "oh no, Salt is going to turn around and run"....surprisingly, he trudged through with me and actually enjoyed it. I think I am getting him trained....ha ha. Look at the middle of the picture and checkout the people!!! This was the 35th annual art show.

Just what I needed...a new fattening food to get addicted to. I had never had one of these Arepa's but Salt and I shared one and found they are delicious. It is basically two corn fritters with melted mozzarella cheese in the middle. YUMMMM

This was a couple selling CD's of Celtic music....here the woman is demonstrating her skill; it was quite relaxing.

There was something for everyone....this is not my idea of art but different strokes for different folks I guess.

Booth after booth of beautiful jewelry, all so different and unique.

I loved the modern/abstract art but Salt just couldn't get into it......

Fabulous glass and pottery!!!

These were insturments played with a bow that looked like a bread knife.....

And here the artist demonstrates......

This was a very unique display.....everything had lots and lots of "bling" on it. Unfortunately it didn't show up very well in the picture.


Even though the crowds were huge, I thoroughly enjoyed the show and will definitely attend next year.

No comments: