Sunday, February 21, 2010

My saddle and bridle in hand...And every show is neatly planned...

Today was a trip to Weirsdale Carriage Museum and the Carriage and Horse Festival. The weather was beautiful (finally) and a most enjoyable show

Here I visit with my favorite BIG eared furry mule.

We stopped to get some info on the reenactments to be held in the area. Definitely another thing to put on the "Bucket List".....


The show is opened with the Sheriff's Posse serving as color guard and the National Anthem...

At one point I thought I might be at the Kentucky Derby.....some of the hats they had for sale were SO pretty. This woman stood up and I couldn't believe the beautiful jacket she had on (didn't have my camera out, and on, to capture a pic). The bottom was trimmed in cameos with horse pictures on them.....magnificent...$$$$$$



All kinds of competitions......

If I were ever considering competition again, this would be my new sport....mounted archery. This girl was very good....she had an exceptionally well trained horse!

This competitor was not as confident and had to keep putting her hand back on the reins, which made it much m ore difficult to aim and follow through.....

The competitions were also judged on "dress"......
My very favorite event was this Native American Performance on Paso Finos (Salt and I owned three Pasos for several years).....


A beautiful pair of Paints.......
The commander of the Paso group.....

Ponies and carts in all sizes.....

The Lake County Sheriff's Posse put on a display of how they used the horses in crowd control...everything from getting them accustomed to gunshots and smoke.


Trained to push through a crowd.....

And standing right in the smoke......

Dinner at Applebee's and home to watch Olympic Ice Dancing.....and the end of yet another great weekend!!!

No comments: