Saturday, March 27, 2010

He's a great big Daddy bear...with great big paws and fuzzy hair....

To begin our busy weekend, we headed out early this morning to attend the HUGE Rummage sale at Hawthorne (a large retirement community). WOW, they had so much stuff, and all of it was in great condition. The women work on this all year and all the proceeds go to the club. I think it was one of the first sales I have been to that didn't have a lot of junk. Of course, I didn't buy anything because I don't know what our new house will be like. Salt did buy a new tool box and a candle snuffer for me....he hates when I blow the candles out and there is this trail of smoke....
After the sale we went to the 11th Annual Black Bear Festival....I LOVE small towns and all the little community events. This was basically a learning experience for the youngsters, but of course had plenty of food and unique shopping for adults.




Ruthie, one of my FL BFFs...

I couldn't believe the stuff this lady weaved out of wicker....

Very unique carved items all with wildlife pictures......

This was so cute....they put these bearskin vests on the kids and had them play games, and instructed them in safety (around bears) and what bears should and not eat....

On the right is bear "junk food" and the left what they should eat...LOL

The fudge shop which I totally passed up!! I guess the lady buying, told someone to "twist her arm"......
And this guy with his environmental teaching stand....yeah, check out the palm hat...see why I fit in so well down here?????

This was great, unfortunately with all that is going on today, we didn't have time to take advantage of it. They were giving free fly casting lessons!!!
The guy to the right, who was having his lunch when I took the picture....carved all these bears with a chainsaw....pretty talented!!


Beautiful hide....almost a redhead!
The middle school band playing 50's and 60's tunes.....

No comments: