Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I've left them all behind...I'm in a New York state of mind....

I took a day off (well sort of, if you don't count laundry and bill paying a day off) after our Biloxi trip and then headed out to Elmira, NY with my cousin and her husband in their motor home.

My cousin, Hazel, bought a home here in Mid Florida Lakes, so we drove to NY to pick up her van so she could stay in Florida for a couple of more months. We also made stops at her two sons' homes. This is her oldest son Shane's home in Virginia.
We managed to spend a little time with AJ and Lindsey, Shane's children.
Lindsey and I walked the Maymont park trail.....some signs of spring in VA.

This is the wall in Shane's living room. All of these bass were caught in the Stl Lawrence River, very close to our summer home. Shane traditionally spends opening week of bass season on the river with us.

While we were in Elmira, my brother Joe called and informed me my nephew Matt was playing basketball about 10 minutes from Hazel and Dan's home. Of course, we went to see him, which also gave us a chance to visit with Joe and Rindy.

We also had a chance to visit my cousin Bob's hot dog stand....he has been in business for over 30 years. He started with a little cart in front of Tommy Hillfiger's first store on Main Street.

We stopped at Daryl's home in PA where Hazel and I both got to meet Haze's new great granddaughter Kaelyn....a beauty for sure!!

I snapped this picture of one of our flowering bushes on our way out of town....it was all gone by time I got home... :-(

No comments: