Friday, September 14, 2007

I've got friends in low places...

You're going to love this one! I decided I would try and save a few $ and so made reservations at one of the more inexpensive campgrounds. You would think that the name "House of David Trailer Park" would have been my first clue...DUH!
This was one of our neighbors and believe me he wasn't the worst....I was afraid if I tried to get close to the one I really wanted to photograph the guy's junkyard dog would get me. It reminded me of last year when we ended up in a FEMA park in New Orleans with the Katrina Victims. I guess it's all just part of the experience. We hade a few good chuckles and made sure we locked the doors! HOWEVER, now that I have had that experience I will guarantee you I will look for RV RESORTS!
Wednesday was supposed to be a serious travel day...that ended as soon as Salt saw this new Bass Pro Shop (he had never been in one). We stopped right around lunch time so grabbed lunch right at their restaurant where they served this really cool and YUMMY bread which they called Bimini bread. We did some shopping (mostly looking) and found the Weber Q grill we had been looking for.
Well, making the unplanned stop took us right into the rush hour traffic around Chicago. Can you imagine Salt going through 4 lanes of bumper to bumper traffic with major construction driving a 38' motor home towing a jeep??? He actually did a great job! I guess 9,000 miles last winter gave him plenty of practice .
We pretty much scooted through both Indiana and Illinois and crossed into Wisconsin where we spent the night in Beloit. Thursday we will take a leisurely drive through the beautiful, lush farm lands of Wisconsin. Boy there are a LOT of cornfields out here.

No comments: