Wednesday, September 26, 2007

You may hear that I'm talking foolish; you may hear that I am wild and I am free.....

As planned we spent a couple of days in West Glacier, MT. This has been one of our favorite resorts so far. It is privately owned, so the office is right in the owner's home. They also have a really cool "visitors lounge". It has an ambiance that makes you feel so at home....fire in the wood stove, dogs in front of the fireplace (if the master is not watching....on the couch), a library and ping pong table. I love the libraries at the campgrounds....you leave the books you have read and take new ones. Of course for me, reading is one of the BEST things about traveling; I get to READ, READ, READ...my passion!


We headed toward Idaho, and pulled over in a rest area for homemade fajitas at lunch time. This was the view from our dining room window....doesn't it look like a watercolor?

And of course before we leave Montana....one more coffee. I am really going to miss these little Espresso drive through stands. I really splurged on this farewell stop....double mocha latte....mmmmm! That stop took us about 20 minutes, as the owner gave us the whole scoop of where to go in Washington. She told us to definitely see Mt. St. Helen's and the volcanic devastation from the last eruption. She was living there at the time. She also suggested routes along the coast line where we were likely to see seals.

As we were driving today, I believe I formulated the perfect plan! December through March in Florida, April in Myrtle Beach, May through August on Grindstone , September and October in Montana and back to Myrtle Beach in November. Logistics would be something like this. .. Store the motor home at the end of April and drive the jeep to Grindstone. Fly to Montana for September and October, fly back to Myrtle Beach, spend November there and then drive the motor home to Florida in December through March drive back to Myrtle Beach for April and then storage. Nothing set in stone yet as we vowed not to make any firm decisions until we had visited 48 of the a50 states. A few I can automatically eliminate but we have not done New England yet and I loved New England when I traveled and lived there years ago. The only thing carved in stone at this time is summer on Grindstone and winters where it is not COLD.We arrived in Spokane Valley around 6:00 (crossed into Pacific time). Crashing at a Wal Mart and heading out early tomorrow....for the coast!


I always scan the AAA guides to see if there is anything in particular we want to stop and see while we are cruising through new areas....Idaho did NOT have a lot of "gems. Since Salt was not interested in seeing the world's largest potato chip, we headed right on toward Spokane Valley, Washington where we planned to spend the night.

No comments: