Monday, September 17, 2007

We're gettin down in a hick town....

Friday was a serious travel day. There are so many places we would like to stop and so many things to see that we have to force ourselves to keep moving. We are trying to be selective in picking the attractions we include.

We crossed into MN and is all I can say is "cornfields from here to infinity and beyond"! We pulled into the little town of Fairmont. We decided since we had been cooking dinner at the motor home all week we would do dinner and a movie. Small towns in MN are NOT the place to look for Chinese food. We did however see a great movie!

It was the opening day for "3:10 to Yuma" (Russell Crowe). I had read such good reviews so I am anticipating we might not get in if we didn't get to the theatre early. Well, we walked in and there were 2 other couples. I'm thinking we must be in the wrong theatre???? I turned around and asked the couple behind us where everyone was? They looked at me as if I were from another planet (not that they are the first that have wondered that). "I are you kidding he asked?". "It's Friday night everyone is at the high school football game"! You have to love small town America! It sure was football weather; it went down to 37 degrees.

No comments: