Monday, September 24, 2007

You don't know where you're going until you know where you're at....

As planned, we got up early this morning, changed the bed, did laundry and cleaned the motor home. I cooked a few meals that we can simply heat up while we are on the move.

After lunch we headed for a grocery store in Whitefish. We were driving down the road and I looked up and asked Salt..."is that snow? no that can't be snow, it's not steam; oh my gosh..."
This is what it looks like when you hear people say "when the mountains meet the sky". The clouds actually appear to be resting on the side of the mountain.

I know the trip through Idaho and into Seattle, Washington is going to be exceptionally beautiful but I really do hate leaving Montana. Salt and I are seriously thinking about picking up a couple of acres in the mountains for future options.

On the way in to Whitefish we ran across a huckleberry and cherry stand. We picked up some Huckleberry jam (Montana is noted for it's Huckleberries) and some fresh cherries...the cherries are the sweetest I have ever had. We are definitely stopping on the way out of town for some more. When we arrived in Whitefish (really cool western town) we stumbled upon a small Historical Museum; it was housed in the same building as the train station. It was very small but interesting as it traced the lives of the loggers and well as the railroad. We also found quite an interesting bass....took a picture for all my fishing buddies (Shane and Daryl). Is this the first fur covered fish you have ever seen?


Of course we had to stop at the Montana Coffee Traders.....I can't get enough of that coffee...sorry Starbucks!

We decided to take some of the back roads. One in particular we loved; it ran along the banks of Whitefish Lake and right through a forest. Salt and I were both hanging our heads out the window "sniffing". It smelled just like Christmas potpourri with all the pine trees.

While we were cruising, we received a phone call from one of our favorite "adopted" daughters; Janna Jedrzejewski. Many of you will remember Janna, as she spent 2 summers with us on the island. She is married, has 3 BEAUTIFUL children and is living in Laramie, Wyoming. We had planned to visit her on the way back through but didn't want to tell her yet as we really don't have a specific date when we will be there. I couldn't resist telling her today, and now I am getting really excited to see her, Jerry and the 3 boys! I will have lots of pictures when I leave there!

As we will be spending the next couple of days putting in some road miles, I am going to try and post some pictures from last summer (the lost summer...it went so fast...we were very busy!). Lots happened I just didn't have time or energy to keep up the blog......stay tuned!

We are watching the movie Fracture. In one of the truck stops, we found these disposable DVDs. Once they are opened they can be watched for 48 hours and they expire. How do they do that???? I really need to find out....not knowing things like this bugs me. Anyway, they are all recent releases and are under $5.00. They are perfect for our lifestyle



P.S. The fish is a joke!



No comments: