Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Oh give me a home where the Buffalo roam.....

You all know what's coming don't you???


Of course...Buffalo!

We ALMOST didn't follow our original plan which was to swing up into North Dakota and visit the Theodore Roosevelt National Park www.theodore.roosevelt.national-park.com/ . We figured we were going to visit so many national parks that we would skip this one because it was basically acres and acres of the "Badlands". Well....whoever named this area the Badlands ought to have their butt kicked. There is NOTHING bad about this area!!

The 36 mile drive through the park was exciting beyond belief. We went through at the perfect time to see not only the beautiful rock formations but many of the wild animals out feeding.

I loved the colors on some of these cliffs.

These formations looked like piles of skeletons!

There were scads of these wild horses wandering the range. I believe the last time the government actually rounded up any of them up was somewhere around 1952.

And, last but not least....the ever abundant Prairie Dog.

Oh, I almost forgot we had one of those "it's a small world" encounters again today. We were stopped at one of the scenic overlooks in the park when we met a couple who saw our NY license and asked where were from. They were from Albany, NY. They are basically doing the same thing we are, except they are doing a lot of hunting and fishing. They said they now live in FL winters and as it turns out they are in the same town as we are. They will be looking us up this winter!

Blogger is having a problem posting pictures again tonight. I hope they get it straightened around so I can insert my pictures and get to my new book. Of course it's the new OJ Simpson book "IF I did it". .. I was NOT going to read the book if Simpson got any of the profits from it. However since the Goldman's now own the book I can't wait to read it. I am sure the Scumbag (Simpson) was guilty but truthfully if I had sat on the jury I would have had to let him go on reasonable doubt. The prosecution screwed up SO bad and the defense was SO shrewd! What a travesty of justice.

No comments: