Monday, June 30, 2008

Down by the Riverside, down by the Riverside....

Rachael had her first "cooking lesson" today. She made banana bread and I think she and Emma have consumed most of the loaf. She loves to cook and catches on quickly. It is so much fun having the girls here.

Rachael and I took a long 4 wheeler ride around the island; Rachael had her first experience in pumping gas the Grindstone way!!

Queen of the kitchen....

Rachael and Emma out on the raft. The water is still freezing as far as I am concerned but it didn't seem to phase them....the joy of youth!


I heard them yelling..."Grandma, Grandma, we hit the jackpot". They were digging for clay and hit the mother load! Now they think they are going to make pottery. There is never much downtime at the river. Yesterday they collected sand, sifted it, colored it and made sand art in bottles. I would surmise that I will not have a very clean/neat house for the next 5 weeks!!!
I wouldn't change it for anything!!
Tomorrow we head for Grass Point State Park, where we will stay for 2 nights before heading for Sylvan Lake.

No comments: