Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Oh no no no...I'm a rocket man

OK, so the other day I mentioned it was nice to have a "rocket scientist" as a neighbor and someone emailed me and asked what I meant??? For those of you who are not familiar with Jim, you can check him out on www.jsc.nasa.gov/Bios/htmlbios/adamson-jc.html . Just when I think I am somewhat computer literate, I ask Jim a question and I find how little I really know.

He sure makes my technical life easier....plus he makes the best pies around!!

Funny (or NOT) story from my brother Joe this afternoon. Monday was my nephew Paul's birthday...he is now 16. While the family was gathered for dinner, Joe asked when his last baseball game was (Paul is the team's star pitcher)? Paul informed him it was the following evening but he was skipping it as he had to study for a final science exam to be held Wednesday morning. Joe convinced him he should play the final day and he was a good enough student he would not have to worry about the test. Paul REALLY wanted to stay home and prepare for the test. However, he headed his dad's "good" (?) advice and went to the game. After several great hits and some burn um up pitches, he was running a base and slid in and broke his leg. He took the test today under the influence of some major pain killers and will be in a cast for the rest of the summer. The plan was for Paul to come and work for us this summer along side myself and Betty. Oh well, guess he will get to be the manager while Bet and I do twice the work!

Here is Paul when he was just a little guy
I'm off to Bible study....more after dinner!



Bible study was great...I love the program we are working. When we first started out everyone was kind of like...whaaaatt???? But even after 2 weeks, as the group gets more involved with one and other's comments everything is starting to fall into place....in other words, "lights are coming on". I am very grateful to Art Couch for organizing and guiding us in this 7 week venture.



Below is Dr. Charlie Moes (pronounced Maze) . Charlie, besides being a medical doctor, is now in Divinity School, studying to be a minister, plays the flute in church and will be giving a demonstration on how to make cheese. I believe we will be making Feta, but he makes ALL kinds, including curd, Cheddar, mozzarella, etc. I guess this is one of the many things I love about this island life. There are SO many diversified people with such passion for life.



Went to Jim and Ellen's for dinner and watched a movie with them....Evan Almighty...cute!

Oh yes....and here is one other reason I continue to pay ridiculous waterfront taxes to the state of NY!!!


No comments: