Sunday, January 11, 2009

Down on Fortune Teller's Row......

About a month ago when we were at Homosassa Springs, we picked up a book on day trips. Yesterday we took the first of many. Cassadaga http://www.cassadaga.org/ is a very old Florida town which is known for it's many Medians, Healers, Acupuncture, etc. The town itself is very small and all of the homes are definitely "old Florida".

This is the historic hotel and Psychic Center.....you can have readings, past life regressions, life or buy all kinds of psychic paraphernalia in the gift shop.


There are psychics throughout the town. Actually, the town looks kind of like a place where "old hippies go to retire. You know, the lady in the long blue dress, long gray hair, blowing bubbles . I wondered how many of them were at Woodstock???


Here is an example of what most of the houses look like.



After we left Casssadaga, we drove to New Smyrna Beach for a walk.....and then on to Canaveral Seashore (state park) www.nps.gov/canaveral , where they have some really great hiking trails. I love hiking in the parks, there is always so many different species of plants, animals, birds, etc. This was a unique butterfly...I haven't looked it up yet so I am not sure what it is but it was so pretty....the stripes were like neon.

This armadillo had no fear....he just kept grazing while we stopped and took pictures.

We finished the day with dinner at Stavro's (our favorite Greek restaurant) which serves great Italian food as well.

Oh yeah....Salt and I won $80 at Bingo tonight. Tomorrow after I get my hair cut, we are headed to Orlando with Ruth and Gene Starcher to see River dance . This is supposedly the last tour. I'm psyched!!

1 comment:

Jada said...

OOHHHH Mom and I went and saw RIVERDANCE when they were in Rochester---Enjoy it!! They are great and very good entertainers!!! Better than anyone else I know!!!