Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Teach me a hiking song and rest assured I'll sing along...

After bowling (don't ask....) and lunch (Mt Dora Diner) a bunch of us decided since the weather was so nice and we ALL needed a little exercise after the cruise food overdose, we would skip over to one of the county parks for a hike. We have hooked up with a couple (Gene and Ruth) who love to hike, know the trails and have Salt and I back into some healthy exercise. Jim and Carolyn also joined us on this one.

Here we are on the start of the trail......


always interesting animals/birds/insects/plants lurking around every corner. Nature amazes me....when I first spotted this guy he just looked like a green leaf to me....NOT!

I haven't done my research after this jaunt so we are still all perplexed as to what these things are that grow on vines and were all over the ground in this area (next to the river). They look just like a potato, but I am clueless. Jill, any idea?


Salt and I taking a photo op about halfway through the hike.....I love the wooden trails. I am still leery about walking through the woods, (leaves and such) for fear of SNAKES.

At the end of the trail was this huge orange orchard.....Salt was very tempted until reminded him of the huge fines for snatching oranges!!!


No comments: