Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I'm always one card short....Always one day late. For once I'd like an ending I can celebrate....

Even though we had torrential downpours over the last few days....we did manage to get enough decent weather that Joe and the family had a good break.....

Kierston Pickett and her son TJ (Maryland) stopped in for a visit. Kierston is now an EMT and loving her work!! TJ is 2 and yes, he is VERY 2. Cute as a button!!



Joe got to log a few hours on his boat and got some skiing and tubing in. Emma was bound and determined to try and ski.....she got in the water with the skis on and chickened out. She will do it when she is ready. There are plenty of battles to pick with kids and skiing isn't one of them.

And of course a visit from Joe is not complete without a few good cut throat games of "Hearts".
I won every game, but of course Joe said he let me win so I would keep his kids for the rest of the week.....NOT!! I do have the kids however.....

Emma also spent the night last night so Pop took the three kids and headed out to pick up the motor home (new brakes on) this morning and promised to take them for lunch and an ice cream. Janna will be in tomorrow and they will all be staying until Sunday evening. Friday evening they are going to a Luau and Saturday to the Pig Roast and dance so 2 days without cooking. When We got back to the island this Spring I was SO tired of eating in restaurants I couldn't wait to do some home cooking. Now, I am so ready to get on the road and start eating out and have Salt do some BBQing!!!

No comments: