Saturday, August 22, 2009

Oh I know I found in you....my endless love....

Congratulations, Mr. & Mrs. Dale McLaughlin....after 19 years together they have tied the knot!!!
My very favorite kind of reception.....held in the yard of their beautiful summer home on the island on our beautiful St. Lawrence River.

Even the dog got dressed for the occasion.....

The entertainment was provided by Keith Brabant.....an excellent musician and singer....oh yeah, and pretty darn handsome as well!!!

Tom and Julie catching up with Peter and Frances.....Peter does NOT like my camera...can you guess? He likes me though so he tolerates it....sort of!
Ellen explains to Gwen just exactly what happened to her wrist.
Aaron (Dale's son) and girlfriend chat with Shirley Taylor and Lauren and Renato Ennis.

Emma found a friend from school and was delighted to have a pal to hang with!!

I thought this was a particularly clever hor deourve.....the pineapple was cut in chunks with a cherry, a toothpick and flavored with rum!!! It seemed to be quite a hit!

The food table crowd....food was plentiful and delicious!!

Doc Withington and Bruce Taylor.....Doc is retired from his orthopedic practice but he is still taking care of all his river patients. We love you Doc, and appreciate everything you do for the community!!
Some of my favorite island girls enjoying the day!

Dave Stilley giving marital advice?????

Urch grabs Salt for a spin around the dance floor....

Just as we were getting ready to leave I had a gentleman approach me and introduce himself. He worked with Bill (my deceased husband) at IBM in Owego. Come to find out, they live in Owego, where I grew up and his wife who was a teacher at the elementary school in Owego, taught my brother Joe's kids. Then they tell me they have a home right here on the island....again, small world!!
Salt and I came home, had a quick dinner and took a jet ski ride across a river of glass and into yet another beautiful sunset. Life is good!!

No comments: