Saturday, August 08, 2009

Oh you can't beat a good old country barn dance..They come for miles up and down the line...

Ah ha....Emma spent the night with us on Friday. I went in to check on her Saturday morning when I got up and found the Dorito Bag still on the floor. She evidently fell asleep before she could hide the evidence. I then went into the pantry to grab a fry pan and nearly tripped over the jar of peanut butter and box of Ritz crackers. I asked her about it later and she said she was SO hungry she just had a little midnight snack.....Our precious Emma; she beat me in 2 games of JR Scrabble and told me next time we played she would let me win....what a kid!!!

Saturday night the crowds headed up to the head of the Island to the Purcell Ranch. Bob and Julie hired a band from Binghamton, NY and had a rocking party!

The horse in the middle of the group of three is my baby, "Stormy". He was born here on the island back when Salt and I still had the farm house. When we decided to sell and do some traveling and spend our winters in FL, I had to let him go (painful decision) I asked Julie if she wanted him, as I knew he would have TOP care with her. She took him and adores him!! I still get to visit him.

I had planned on going down to the corral and taking some close-ups but feared I might be hit by a human bowling ball.....it doesn't take much to entertain kids on the island. Imaginations soar!


This is one of the many reasons it is impossible to loose weight on Grindstone!!! This was just the beginning of the desserts that showed up!

Dan and Kylie...not afraid of the camera. They both have the greatest smiles!!

The crowds start to gather........

And the band starts to play.....GREAT band; little country, LOTS of 60's. I felt like I was back in high school until I tried to dance 3 fast dances in a row.......

And we can't forget the drummer who always takes a back row seat....


OK....so for years and years there has been a legend that there is a ghost (a woman in a white flowing gown) who haunts the road leading into the ranch. There are people who will swear they have seen her!! Well one can and will believe what they want (I know Jill and Jonny will believe). I took 42 pictures and this is the ONLY one that had orbs on it (look closely)! I think she was looking for some good looking men and found Rick and Dan!!!!

Heather (Julie's daughter), finally got her boyfriend away from her mom!!


Julie and Sylvia shake it up....no one could tire Julie!!


Here she gives Zell a run for his money.....

Peter and Frances talking with Salt but edging awfully close to that dessert table.

Janice finally gives into temptation.


Another great Grindstone party.....thanks Bob and Julie!!

No comments: