Saturday, August 15, 2009

Pig roast! It's my favorite meal...Pig roast! Let's hear you squeal....Pig Roast! It's a hell of a deal.....

I opened the refrigerator this morning and it looked like "Old Mother Hubbard's Cupboard". I really forgot how much teenagers eat when they are water skiing, tubing and swimming!!!

The beauty of my life now is; all the kids that I hauled around this river for years, are now driving Aunt Kitty in "Daddy's Boat".....Paul took the wheel on the way to the grocery store.

When we got back to our house, we came around the corner and here was Janna, sunbathing and reading a book.....any wonder WHY she doesn't want to go home tomorrow?????

Salt and I were all ready to go to the pig roast....I looked out at the river that looked like glass and asked him the question...."Why do we want to go up to the middle of the island and all the drama when we can take a jet ski ride into a beautiful sunset"? It wasn't hard to convince him!!!
We gave the kids money and sent them to the pig roast while we slipped away.....We rode into Canada and through the Admiralty Island chain. I was so bummed I didn't have my camera; this weekend was Pirate's Weekend (in A-Bay) and there were a bunch of beautiful tall ships (pirate?) ships anchored out. LOVE those boats!!!
When we returned we walked onto the screened porch and this pile of shoes.....FIRST clue there might be a bunch of teenagers awaiting us!!! Love these kids!!!

Here they are ready to hop on the 4 wheelers and head to the Saturday Night Dance.....
My kids all head back to Owego tomorrow and Dan (Adamson) heads out for his freshman year at Virginia Tech.
We will miss all of them but Salt and I are excited and ready to hop in the motor home and start our trip across New England!! A month from today....lots to do before we leave!!

Tomorrow morning is the Pancake Breakfast, Big cookout on Potter's Beach and after the kids leave, Jim and Ellen have invited Salt and me to dinner at their home. Life is good!!

No comments: