Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Roll out those lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer......

Well finally, we are getting some of that nice hot weather I remember as a kid. Everyone is complaining about the heat; I say bring it on!!


Salt and I packed up the motor home and headed for Mercer, PA to spend 4th of July weekend with our good friends, Gene and Ruth Starcher. If we don't LEAVE the island, Salt gets no peace, as his phone rings off the hook (well, out of his pocket) with calls for work.


Here we are enjoying an ice cream and coffee during one of our sightseeing outings.

Before we left, we stopped to see Jack and Laura Stopper and got to meet their two new puppies.

SO cute!!
Gene and Ruth picked up a new, used camper. They are taking it to FL with them so we can now caravan for some mini trips around the state.

We drove over to Grove City to watch some skydiving...one of the things on my "bucket list". I wanted to go while we were there...no one wanted to join me though and I didn't want to have everyone waiting around while I took the hour instruction class you have to attend even before doing a Tandem jump. Salt did promise he would go with me next time when it's just the two of us and no one has to wait around for us.



I took a keen interest in watching the people who packed the chutes.....I want to be sure they know what they are doing!!!!!

After getting all the strings straightened, they go to any means to get all the air out of them before putting them in the packs............

We took a ride over to the falls for some natural beauty and a fill up of some tasty spring water!
Volant Mills is a small town, with a bunch of unique shops.....
This is a part of the store that now occupies the old grist mill. Beautiful things, but since we are in between houses, I am not doing ANY shopping until I wee what I need/want in the new house!
The top floor of the mill was a museum of all the old machines....

A diagram of the workings of the mill.......
Loved this sign....am such a sucker for dry humor!!
Had a Mexican dinner at Compadres....reminded me of all the wonderful Mexican food we had in Texas last winter!

Gene drove us over to Lake Pymatuning and the Linesville Spillway. This is a beautiful lake that has become a tourist attraction for feeding the fish (ugly carp) and ducks. Hundreds of people gather with their loaves of bread to feed the fish. There are layers of them all along the spillway.

The ducks and geese stay in the background and then come right up and stand on the fish to get their share....



Gene and Ruth's 3 grandchildren were visiting for the weekend. This is Wyatt, the youngest. Luke, the 6 year old looked at Salt and said..."you're bald"...Salt says "yea". Luke, "where's your hat?" Salt "I don't wear one, I don't like hats"...Luke, "Don't people laugh at you?" Gotta love kids!

The golf cart parade held in the park....... This was the #1 winner...
And my favorite.....


Back home on Monday....and back to work!

No comments: