Sunday, July 18, 2010

We're from Owego and no one could be prouder...If you don't believe us, we'll yell a little louder!

What a wonderful surprise I found in my mailbox today. My friend John Forsythe, who now lives in Washington, DC and I have not seen for 48 years (could that be possible???? Is my math right?????) sent me a copy of the book Indian Pride a history of Owego Free Academy (my Alma Mater) Football.

It documents Owego football from it's inception in 1909 and continues until the publishing date of 1992. How I enjoyed seeing pictures of my dad 1933 (third from left in the picture below), my cousins, brother and all the boys I cheered for the years I was a football cheerleader.

My brother George, 1960, last one in row three....It even tells about the night he continued to play in the Waverly, NY game with a ruptured blood vessel before Coach Lockwood pulled him out.

John was one of our star quarterbacks, and I so thank him for this wonderful walk down memory lane!!!!!

No comments: