Friday, October 19, 2007

It's an Ozark Country Jubilee....

We're not in Kansas any more ToTo....and....I am not joking with God anymore! He doesn't have the sense of humor I thought he did. When I said I wanted a tornado because I thought Kansas was boring, I was just KIDDING. We drove through Springfield Missouri just a couple of hours before the tornado hit there and when we got to Branson, we were on 12 hour tornado watch! We ended up with lots of rain and wind but that was it!
Our first day in Branson took us to the Dick Clark American Bandstand Theatre. The first thing Salt wanted to do was check out the World's largest collection of 1957 automobiles . http://www.57heaven.com/ Salt and I kind of made this deal that I would go to the museum if he would go to the American Bandstand show. Surprise....I LOVED the museum and Salt loved the "Rock and Roll".
I have tons of pictures of these cars, but obviously way too many to post to the blog. I will post some of my favorites. The value of these cars is over 22 million dollars.

Salt and I loved the "record player" in this one. We couldn't figure out how one could keep it from skipping. Maybe it was only turned on while when you were watching submarine races....(who remembers that???/).

And of course Salt wanted to include a picture of one of the race cars!


We had to include this one. Salt says this is the same truck (in a little better condition) that Frank Slate was sitting in when Aminta Marks painted the now famous portrait!


My personal favorite!!


Wouldn't I love to have this 57 BOAT with fins.

We both loved the Dick Clark review http://www.americanbandstand.com/ . I can't believe that all these stars I swooned over are all gray, bald and usually a little chunky. None of them have lost their zest for life and their voices. After 50 years of wanting to dance on "Bandstand" I finally got my chance.

Everyone (well those of you who are my age) remember Johnny Preston, famous for Running Bear & Cradle of Love.

and who could forget Danny & the Juniors (they appeared on Bandstand over 100 times) and their claim to fame ..At the Hop and Twisting USA.
Ray Anthony, the Richie Vallens imitator (EXCELLENT). Promised us when we left we would feel 17 again....now if I could only break all the mirrors in the motor home it may just have worked!











No comments: