Tuesday, October 16, 2007

I've got a big love for wide open spaces.....

This will be a very short journal entry tonight. We are in Kansas; we have been in Kansas for Two days. I want to leave Kansas. We spent the day today having some work done on the RV since there was a Cummins dealer in Colby which is the small town we stayed in last night.

The people are so friendly but there is nothing for miles and miles except cornfields, wheat fields, barley fields and Milo fields. I didn't even know what Milo was until we went to Red Lobster tonight and I got into a conversation with another customer who is a native. It is something they use in ethanol. I just know there is a LOT of it grown here in Kansas.

The sky was getting very dark this afternoon and looked quite threatening. I was almost hoping for a tornado so I could at least see there was something interesting in Kansas (just kidding).

I haven't even been able to talk to anyone for 2 days because there is no Verizon service in Kansas. Does Verizon even know Kansas is a state?

We are doing a WalMart sleepover tonight. We do them when we just want to get some rest and get back on the road. WalMart has this thing all figured out. They let all of us RVers park for "free" and then we all go in and fill our "needful things" list and they make a killing. It sure is handy though!!

Oh, I almost forgot....We went to do the laundry today and the laundromat was right next door to a beauty salon. I have been saying I was going to get my LONG red ponytail cut for the last year. Every time I enter a shop I find some supposed beautician who has purple streaks in her hair or is 350 pounds with a Mohawk and 4 earrings in her lip. I just can't bring myself to trust them. Today however, when I peaked in there was the cutest young girl with a very stylish bob. No piercings and no tattoos on her cheek. SO...I did it. It is about chin length with bangs. I LOVE it. I was really getting nervous about getting to Myrtle Beach and the inside pool. My hair would never dry out the length and thickness it was. I suppose I could have brought back those bathing caps we wore in high school...ewwwww.

No comments: