Tuesday, November 13, 2007

And call your cousins cause I know you got dozens....

My cousin Hazel Burlew from New York traveled to Virginia to watch her grand daughter perform in a play this weekend. She drove down to Myrtle Beach to spend a couple of days with us. Fortunately the weather was beautiful, so we got in some good beach time as well as a lot of walking.

We always meet such nice people in these resorts....RVers are the greatest people!!
This is Tom and Linda McElwain. They were parked next to us here in Myrtle Beach and will be about 2 hours from us in Florida. They will also be back here in April when we return. Linda made me dishcloths like the ones my Aunt Jenny used to make for me over the years. Aunt Jenny passed away a few years ago so I was tickled to receive some again! Salt enjoyed visiting with Tom as he knows where all the bargains are!!


Salt and I spent the day out shopping and window shopping. We needed to get out of the motor home as I had arranged to have all the carpets and furniture cleaned.

What a great job this guy did. He walked in and asked if I watched FOX news a lot (the TV was on). When I told him I was somewhat of a FOX News junkie he got laughing and said he already knew a lot about me...especially my political views. He was a very interesting individual. Being a Viet Nam vet he is very involved in the VFW here in Myrtle. He said they raised over $36,000 last weekend and yesterday put 150 WWII Veterans on a private plane. They payed all their expenses to go to Washington to see the WWII memorial. The youngest member of the group was 79 years old. He lied about his age and entered the army at 14. I love stories like that!

Oh, yes....I finished my Christmas shopping again!! I think this is the third time I "finished" it.

No comments: