Monday, November 26, 2007

I can get the same damn thing on a Wal Mart shelf half price...

I constantly hear people complain about Wal Mart....I LOVE Wal Mart. It seems whenever I really need something I can find it at Wal Mart. I go other places and either can't find what I need/want or else it is thrice the price. Besides, I have concluded I am a cheap skate when it comes to myself (except of course for good food or books). I don't mind going to the mall and paying top dollar for something the kids/grand kids want but I have just never been a "label" type person!!


SO....Salt kept asking what I wanted for my birthday and I keep telling him I don't need any more "stuff". When we sold our big house I found out how many things we had that were just not needed, and had caused me actual grief for many, many years.....collectibles that had to be considered every time we wanted to leave for any length of time, and most of all crap that had to be polished an/or dusted.


This morning when I woke up Salt had my birthday present ready....a Wal Mart gift card
(now I can help Santa buy stocking stuffers!). We also found that the chemicals and supplies we need for the RV are half the price of what we were paying at Camping World. He did buy me one other tiny gift I had been wanting.... a pedometer. I am always curious after a day like yesterday (when we walked EPCOT for 6 hours) just how far we actually walk. It should really be interesting while the family is here for Christmas!

Ewwww, me who is very seldom sick ended up with a bug on my birthday. We cancelled dinner plans and Salt ordered a pizza while I laid on the couch with the Eric Clapton autobiography.

1 comment:

jill said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you are feeling better.
Me, I'm a Target girl. I made sure there were would be a few near us before I agreed to move.