Saturday, November 24, 2007

I act a little crazy...because I can!

I forgot I was supposed to post some pictures of our new screened "patio room". We had it installed at Camping World while we were in Myrtle Beach. We are definitely going to enjoy the added space. We have already used it a couple of times for a spare bedroom ( There are privacy shades for evening or in the event of rain). Amazingly, it folds into a very small bag which fits in one of the basement compartments for traveling.

I like the fact that we can put a pretty large Christmas tree in the corner.


After dinner on Thanksgiving , Salt and I went up to the mall to catch a movie. We couldn't believe it when we drove in the parking lot and it was deserted. Even the grocery stores closed for the entire day. We ended up coming home and spending a quiet evening touching base with many of our friends and family.

We went back on Friday and did see August Rush. I am so glad I don't pay attention to reviews. People magazine had only given it 3 out of 5 stars. I was more concerned whether Salt would like it, as I thought it might be more of a "chick flick". We both LOVED it. On the way out of the mall we stopped to catch a glimpse at Santa. This was the REAL Santa...definitely not a mall "wannabe"!! Check out the real beard and hair.
This morning when I logged on AOL to check my mail, they had an article on the Top 10 cities with the best Christmas lights display across the US. Orlando was one of the top contenders with the Osborne Family display which is featured at MGM studios at Disney World. Of course, we had to go check it out to see if we wanted to put it on the "to do" list when the kids come. It will definitely be on the top of the list! There were over 5 million lights in the display. About every 10 minutes they would all start twinkling (choreographed) to Christmas songs. It was so awesome...especially when they started blowing snow through the air. www.allearsnet.com/tplh-osbr2.htm It is a very interesting story on how the display actually ended up at Disney.

This tree is spectacular..it actually is 3 trees within one. Smaller red and green ones blink on and off.

No comments: