Wednesday, November 21, 2007

It's a certain kind of "magic" a doctor can't prescribe...

Everyone is wondering why I haven't blogged in a few days....believe me it's not lack of material. We did in fact come to Orlando and the weather has been in the 80s. It is very difficult for me to be inside on the computer.

We left Myrtle Beach on Sunday morning and drove all the way through to Orlando; about a 9 hour drive with stops. Salt always comments on this bridge as we go through Charleston, SC. It is the Arthur Ravenel Peace Bridge and really is a pretty neat suspension bridge.


Right before we left Myrtle Beach, I hit the Barnes and Noble store and stocked up on some new best sellers I have been wanting to read (and yes, one of them was Whitewash). I still had about $25 left on one of my gift cards. I have hinted very strongly to my family that the only thing I want for Christmas is more book store gift cards.I know this sounds crazy but I hate paying for hard cover books if I have to pay for them myself but if they are a gift I love buying them....weird huh?

The day after we arrived in Orlando we made a trip to Downtown Disney to pick up a few things for the kids for Christmas. We ended up not being able to make any decisions so will give them each some spending money and let them pick out their own souvenirs. Besides, if you all remember I have finished my Christmas shopping at least 3 times now.


We loved walking around window shopping and enjoying all the Christmas decorations. We always get a kick out of the Lego shop and their amazing statues. I particularly love the family vacationing. I wonder how many Legos it took to build this???

Today we decided to go to the Magic Kingdom, walk for 4 hours and watch the parade. We have Season Passes from last year so we like to just go to the different parks and browse. It's a great way to exercise in a happy environment. I still LOVE Disney.
M I CK E Y
I think Clarabelle was flirting with Salt????

We kept taking pictures on the cell phone and sending them to Emma...she is getting excited. A month from today and they will be here. Mike, Robin and the girls will be in the following day.

Salt talked to Rich Heck today. He has settled in Ocalla, FL for the winter so will be about 30 minutes from us when we get to Umatilla. We also heard from Emmy Sorth (who just returned from her trip to Africa) she will be staying with us for a couple of days at the end of this month.
I received an e-mail from Anneliese Strube yesterday. Anneliese's husband Art passed away a couple of weeks ago after a very long illness. Art and my deceased husband Bill were great friends and worked together at IBM in Vermont. Anneliese who now lives in PA is planning a trip to the island next summer. It has been way too long since we have been able to get together. It will be great catching up!

Below is a picture of 3 generations of deer hunters (more of my cousins). Danny Burlew, his son Daryl, and grandson Daniel. Today was Daniel's first day of hunting! Check out the trophy deer... quite a prize for his first day! Congratulations Daniel!!!


Happy Thanksgiving to all. Salt and I have decided to keep low key. Steaks on the grill and then on to a movie. I have been waiting for August Rush. .. It opened yesterday!

No comments: