Thursday, April 03, 2008

Dream as if you'll live forever....live as if you'll die today

We woke up this morning to more rain. Since I refuse to spend my life complaining I decided to take the bull by the horn and plan a day of inside activities. We started out with breakfast at IHOP and then headed for the mall to catch a movie.

When we got to the mall we had an hour and a half until the movie. Since it is the mall with Salt's favorite store....Bass Pro Shop, we decided to wander through and check out the camping department and see if we could come up with any ideas for the "Bahamas Boat". There was a lady at one of the counters who asked us if we were interested in $125 worth of gift cards. Well, you all know the old trick...absolutely NO obligation just go and listen to the sales pitch and tour the new resort they have built right next to the new Hard Rock Amusement Park. We have NEVER done this before but since they are calling for rain again tomorrow we decided what to heck. So tomorrow morning we go have coffee and doughnuts and spend 90 minutes to earn $125. I am anxious to tour the new amusement park (which is not opened yet) as it is supposed to have a huge new roller coaster. Another place to take the kids while they are here.

We love this store.....check out the 4 wheeler. I think it's just what Emma needs to get to Grandma and Pop's house!




After the movie (Drill bit Taylor with Owen Wilson), we found a Barnes and Noble. Since I have been finding so many good books at flea markets, I have not been to a bookstore since we quit traveling and settled in Florida. As soon as I got inside I remembered how much I LOVE Barnes and Noble!! This one is closing in a week and a brand new one will be opened very close to our resort....Guess who will be at that Grand Opening!!!

Embracing the new arrivals. In my hand is my list from the NY times best selling list!!!


We rushed back home, grabbed a bite to eat and headed back out in the rain to Legends in Concert . This is the 4th time we have been to see this show...each time with different performers. Tonight was one of the best yet. I am hoping that when my brother Joe finds out the Blues Brothers are performing right next to the restaurant where he can get "all you can eat" crab legs, he will hop in the car with his wife and kids next week!!!

Lots of rain makes for a very "bad hair" day!!!


Garth Brooks was the opening act and was a great impersonator and really wound up the audience.


Other performers included Dianna Ross.....

Elton John

And of course the closing act would be none other than the King...Elvis

Oh, I almost forgot....we received a call from our Florida friends (who we already really miss). They have put together a cruise for January 18. Don't have all the information yet, but we are definitely going. With that group it can be nothing but FUN! I think we already have 10 of us signed up.

No comments: