Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I was born country and that is what I'll always be...like the river and the woodlands,wild and free!

We are on our way home (?) back to the river. At this point with a place in Florida, a home on the river and a motor home (which we have lived in for 7 months and 3 weeks), I guess the real question is "where is home"? Maybe it IS "where you hang your hat"!

We had a wonderful week and a half with Mike, Robin and the granddaughters. The moving van was unloaded, boxes emptied and all the pictures, shelves and TVs hung. Salt and Mike also installed a new door with the "dogie" door option.


Replaced the flooring in the downstairs bathroom....they took it down to the original floor and...

here is the finished project.


While the boys worked on their projects, Robin and I had an opportunity to do some shopping and pick up a bunch of "needful things" one always needs after a move. We also found a new computer desk for the family room.

I had promised the girls to take them shopping for spring clothes but with everyones' crazy schedule we only managed to get Sarah a new dress for her job interview. They were both quite satisfied to have us leave the money and have mom take them when things settled down.

As hard as we all worked, we still managed to have a lot of fun while we were with them. We had a couple of family movie nights where we all cuddled up with some Ben and Jerry's and a couple of good movies we missed when they were playing at the theater.
Last night we took a vote to see where we wanted to go for "the last supper". It was unanimous for the Outback Steak House.

As I had so little time to blog over the last week, I missed several posts. In trying to catch up I will just add a few pictures here and try to get back on track when we return to the island.

I love the fact that Salt is cruising 60mph down the highway while I sit with the computer on my lap connected to the Internet.....love my Verizon wireless card and my new inverter!!!

Here's Emma trying to steal Grandma's Hula Hoop Championship title.

You can see how devastated she was when she was swallowed by the shark! What a ham! This was taken when she and her mother visited the Virginia Beach Aquarium. Emma, who is a little science nut LOVED it!


No comments: