Sunday, April 27, 2008

Mary, Mary, quite contrary....how does your garden grow?

We are back on the island! I stayed in town for 2 days and packed up the motor home and did the shopping while Salt came to the island to open the house. Everything weathered well...no problems.

Lots to catch up on....now that we are home we can finally use the Aero Garden that Mike, Robin and the girls gave us for Christmas. What a perfect gift for someone living on an island. Going to town for fresh produce is not fun and since it is still too cold to plant this will be great. Salt just planted all kinds of salad greens. They are supposed to sprout in 1 - 3 days and be ready to start eating in 3 weeks. When we can finally get a small garden in I will use the Aero Garden to keep fresh herbs in the kitchen.



While we were in Florida, one of my girlfriends was going to trash this table. I immediately laid claim to it, as it was exactly what I was looking for for the island house. When we built the kitchen, we decided to put an eat in counter so we could have more counter work space. I didn't want to crowd the family room with a table so this was exactly what I was looking for!!! It is also a perfect fit in the hallway. When both leafs are raised there are 4 wooden chairs stored underneath. We have a large table on the sun deck overlooking the river and a table on the screened porch so this is where we usually entertain. However now in case of rain I can just wheel this one in the family room and wallah!!! Thanks Diane!! I told you it takes so little to make me happy....especially free things!!


Great news from Sarah...she got the job she applied for at Coastal Edge. This will be her first "real" job so she is very excited. Of course the first thing she is saving for is a car. We're hoping the temptation won't be too great to spend her whole paycheck on clothes!!


Thursday night (the night we arrived back in Clayton) was Emma's Art Show she had no idea we were home. I had Betty pick me up and surprised her. Here she is holding the decoy she painted. She was so funny, she was looking through them and told me "Grandma look for a Merganser". Her dad (who is a decoy carver) has her pretty apt in identifying the different species.



Mike called last night and said he was meeting Robin and Rachael at the hospital, as Rachael had stepped on a nail. We called Rachael today to see how she was doing... she wanted me to post some pictures on the blog so here they are Rachael!!

This was the rusty old nail....



OK Rachie, next time you have to find a less painful way to be featured on the blog!!!
Robin and Mike wanted some pictures of the new house....they will finally get to see it this summer. I took a few but since I have only been home a day and have not cleaned yet, this is all you are going to get for now!

This is the family room looking down from my office in the loft! Everything looks miniature...the ceilings are REALLY high!



The pantry which was empty 2 days ago....I love this pantry...the opposite wall is all pegboard!



The stairway leading to the loft...my office, master bedroom and bath.

The kitchen......


Enough posting for tonight.


No comments: