Monday, April 28, 2008

Rainy days and Mondays always get me down.....

After being home for a day and a half, both Salt and I have a list of things we forgot, ran out of or just need. So.....we are headed to Watertown in the RAIN. My boat is not in the water yet so we are headed out in Salt's Lund, which has no top. Now the real fun part of living on an island begins......



Oh Yeah....he's got a "thumbs up" here but you should have heard him complain as he loaded everything in the boat in the POURING rain!!!

And here we are back in NY where they don't even list the diesel prices...



Salt filled his truck and came back with his piggy bank....looking a little thinner!



Check out the Aero Garden after only 16 hours....already sprouting. I am SO fascinated with this little machine (it reminds me of the Hydroponic Gardens at EPCOT). You all must realize by now you are going to have to watch the progress until I cut the greens and make my first gourmet salad! I can't wait until we can take the caps off and watch them (7 pods) really take off.

Everyone has been asking me what I plan to do this year now that the house is finished and I am not working.....well you can watch the progress (or lack of??) as we start the landscaping. This is pretty much how the whole exterior looks right now. LOTS of clearing and then trying to figure what I can plant that the deer won't eat. I have a pretty extensive list right now but need to keep researching......ah the beauty of the Internet.

This is the beach area which we plan to clear. We will cut enough trees to be able to watch the spectacular Canadian sunsets from the sun deck. After that we need to put in floating docks and actually make it into a beach. Needless to say I won't be bored. I am hoping Salt will have some time to help with the chainsaw work and heavy clearing before he is totally swamped. This is just a small portion of the beach area; it is actually 217' of waterfront.


And last but not least for the evening....here is Emma in yet another hand-me-down from her cousin Rachael. She loves everything and now wants to wear only the clothes she got from Rachael. As you might guess...she loves Rachael so they are very special to her!! Thanks Rachael!!!

We finished the evening with a visit to Erma's to catch up on some of the winter happenings and a good cup of coffee.


No comments: