Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Get ready....get set....don't go!!

Mike and his family are on their way back to Virginia Beach. They had planned to leave early yesterday morning. By time they said all their "goodbyes" and got on the road it was late afternoon. Sarah was very emotional about leaving her steady boyfriend....tough for a teenager!

Once they got on the road we started text messaging with the girls which kept us amused and kept them busy for their trek along 40 and through the desert. The sorrow died down and the enthusiasm picked up once they were on their way!!! They had planned to go as far as Flagstaff, AZ but with leaving late they would not have arrived there before 2:00am. I am hoping they stopped before then but won't find out until they are back on the road. I will be so glad when we no longer have that 3 hour time difference.

So, I took my camera in and it was not the card...there is a problem with the lens. I am going to send it in and see what they say but it is really time to upgrade anyway. I have put thousands of pictures through that camera and it has been in salt air, through hell in my jeans pocket as we traversed the country so it is time to retire it. Emma can now inherit it which will make her happy!! It still works fine except for the black dot that appears on pictures with a white background. I bought both of my girls a Cannon Sure Shot for Christmas and they both love them so I imagine that is what I will purchase for myself.

Salt and I are headed to Old Time Pottery as there are a few things I want to pick up for the new house (Grindstone). I LOVE that store!! Depending on the winds, we may head out to the movie theater and see "Leather heads". If the winds die down, we are back to the beach, Salt with his fishing pole and me with my book!! Three more weeks and then we are back to the "real world" where Salt will be working 6 days a week (or more?) and Betty and I will start clearing the land and putting in my perennial gardens. LOTS of clearing.

Oh yeah....here's a tip....Don't fall asleep on the beach with "BIG" sunglasses on. I now look like a raccoon!!! This day should add a few more wrinkles to the already large collection!!

No comments: